10 most memorable moments from Brazil so far. And then there were 8. The last few days of football may not have been the most enthralling for the neutral, but we can now look forward to some pretty tasty clashes between some of football’s titans; France v Germany potentially the pick of the bunch.
The competition seems to have started mere days ago but already we’re nearing its completion, so we’ve decided that now (particularly as we’re in a two day respite stage) is a good time to reflect on our 10 most memorable moments of the tournament so far.
10. The very fact that Shola Ameobi went to Brazil
8. When Glenn Hoddle called Algeria Al-Jazeera
7. Supporters absolutely loving a good costume
6. The good, the bad and the ugly of Arjen Robben
5. Costa Rica’s fairytale run
4. Klose equals Ronaldo’s World Cup goalscoring record
3. JAMES RODRIGUEZ announces himself on the world stage
2. Van Persie’s diving header (and that Dutch humbling of Spain)
1. Suarez and his taste for a good Italian